The Healthcare Industry is experiencing the most radical and transforming change to date, with emphasis on physician documentation. In this era of Value Based Purchasing, RAC audits, Quality Initiatives and the implementation of ICD 10, the need for explicit documentation depicting efficiency and quality, that captures the patient’s true Severity of Illness and Medical Necessity, has never been greater. Proactively addressing the documentation of Present on Admission (POA), Medicare Severity-Diagnostic Related Groups (MS-DRG’s) and the significant risk factors involved in each and every diagnosis with specificity has become imperative, especially in meeting appropriateness of patient care and justifying consumption of resources.
DocuComp® LLC is committed to empowering healthcare professionals through innovative education and is pleased to offer educational solutions that meet your facilities goals, budgets and time constraints. In addition to our on-site programs, we will soon offer on-line programs that can be tailored to individual needs through live or on-demand presentations. Educational resources are provided to download for use, in conjunction with instructor presentation, to facilitate greater comprehension and retention. Interaction with actual case studies provides clearer understanding through “hands on” practice.
Educational topics can be further customized by time allotment that allows even the busiest clinician educational opportunities on critical, current issues. Post- review knowledge assessment is an integral component in all of our educational programs. We can add a survey to provide feedback regarding material relevance, instructor clarity, method of delivery and further topic suggestions, if desired.
DocuComp® LLC allows administrators access to information compiled in report form that includes:
* Educational topics viewed by each clinician
* Post review Test
* The dates and times individual programs were reviewed and completed
The report tool can help identify areas of proficiency, as well as, areas where improvement may be needed. This ensures that pertinent educational components are understood.
In this climate of healthcare regulation, education in clinical documentation is no longer a prerogative.
The ramifications of ambiguous or absent documentation, will impact all healthcare clinicians and facilities adversely from now on. DocuComp® LLC will equip your facility with the tools required for success in this increasingly tumultuous environment.
DocuComp® LLC’s Educational Certification Programs and Topics:
* Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialist Training & Certification
* Clinical Documentation Integrity Team Development & Implementation
* Physician-to-Physician Documentation Seminars/Presentations
* Specialty Specific Clinical Departmental Meetings
* Medical Record reviews for Clinical Documentation & Coding
* Clinical coding Audits
* Physician Advisor Services
* Utilization Review services
* Compliance Reviews & Audits
* Compliance Presentations & Updates for Administrators and Boards
* E & M Documentation
* Surgical Documentation
* ICD 10 Documentation and Coding
* In-patient Medical Necessity Documentation
* Out-patient condition Code 44
* Case Management/Utilization Review
* Certification in Appeals and Denials Management
* Clinical Documentation in MS-DRG/POA
* Clinical Documentation for Wound/Decubitus
* Clinical Documentation: The Hospitalist Perspective
Target Healthcare Professionals:
* Physicians-Hospitalists, Attending’s, Vice President-Medical Administration, Medical Staff Directors
* Nurse Practioners(NP)
* Case Managers
* Utilization Review Personnel
* Physician Assistant’s (PA)
* Health Information Managers/Coding/ Professionals
* Revenue Cycle Personnel
Examples of Explicit Clinical documentation:
* Sharp Debridement vs. Excisional debridement
* CHF vs. Acute Exacerbation Chronic Systolic CHF
* Acute Renal Insufficiency vs. Acute Renal Failure
* Urosepsis vs. UTI with Sepsis
* Decubitus Ulcer Documentation Staging