Remote or On Site – Full time
DocuComp LLC is currently in need of a Coder to provide coding support to our Clients in
the assignment of ICD-10-CM diagnosis, CPT-4 procedure codes and HCPCs codes.
Our coders ensure that appropriate documentation and optimal reimbursement are
achieved for our clients and that a valid database is available for research
and reporting, as well as for quality and improvement activities.
- Document and report on missing, incomplete, or inconsistent documentation to appropriate personnel
- Educates providers and clinic staff of proper fee ticket completion and assignment of ICD-10-CM and HCPCS codes
- Acts as a resource regarding insurance denials resolution and coding questions
- Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Maintains coding certification and attends in-service training as required
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Company
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required as a minimum
- RN's encouraged to apply
- CCS or CIC Coding certification is required. Certifications to be completed within 6 months of hire may be accepted.
- Two years of inpatient coding experience and completion of a coding course is required
Experience and certification in clinical documentation improvement
- This position is designated for primarily remote work; however, applicant must be willing to travel to designated Client locations on occasion.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry, coding and Electronic Medical Record software
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and calculations.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures and communicate effectively
- Ability to show initiative, make decisions and exercise good judgment in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
- Two or more years of medical coding experience and clinical documentation
- Thorough understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling,
lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
& CDI Coder Consultant - Validator
School Diploma/GED, RN's encouraged to apply
Independent Contractor - Part Time/Full Time - 20-40 hrs/wk